Whether you've invested in a new HVAC system or you have an older system that needs some TLC, regular system inspections and maintenance are your best line of defense to catch small issues before they become big, expensive problems. Your HVAC system is one of the most important and expensive systems in your home. Keeping these systems running effectively and efficiently requires specific training and techniques performed by a qualified HVAC technician. There are many benefits to keeping up with an annual system maintence, we've highlighted a few of them below.
1. Improved Indoor Air Quality. Your HVAC system is not just responsible for heating or cooling the air in your home. It's also responsible for cleaning all of that air. Changing or cleaning your air filter is important, but it's not the only thing to consider when it comes to air quality. There are cooling and heating coils installed your system which need cleaning as well. A yearly inspection and cleaning of these coils will improve system performance and help mitigate health issues due to "dirty air"
2. Improved Efficiency & Lower Energy Costs. Each part of your system must be checked, cleaned and tested regularly in order to produce at it's maximum efficiency. Something as simple as a dirty outdoor fan blade can end up costing you in monthly energy costs. Testing electrical compenants against their ratings can provide insight on potentially wearing motors, compressors, electronics or wiring, These issues create incresed running costs and safety is. Regular inspections allow these small problems to be corrected and bring your system back to its peak performance every year.
3. Reduce Emergency Repair Costs. HVAC equipment has a tendency to fail during temperature extremes. Simply put the hotter it is outside, to harder your A/C has to work to keep up with the cooling demand in your home. If this is tru for yor system, keep in mind it's true for everyone's. Have you ever had to call an HVAC Technician on a +35 degree day? It can be pretty tough to get one of us on the line because we're tied up fixing everyone in Calgary's equipment. You can avoid this stress and literal sweat with regualr inspections. Inspections often turn up little issues which aren't anything to worry about now but can quickly turn into expensive emergency repairs. Every compenant in your system is designed with a specific and important function and they rely on every other component to do their job efficiently. Any small failure will not only affect that component but also the compeonents that rely on it. This can lead to a runaway train effect causing more and more small issues to snowball into some really big repairs. An anuall maintence can catch these issues early and can be generally inexpensive and quick to correct.
**Pro Tip** If your system is not working and you've requested a service call from an HVAC company, turn your system OFF and wait for help. If it's not working now your system is not going to start working on it's own. Allowing it to run or attempt to run can quickly cause many more issues than shutting it down and waiting for an expert.
4. Warranty. Every new system comes with some kind of labour and parts warranty, but older systems can benefit from this aswell. Some components in your system may be covered for 10 or even 25 years depending on the manufacturer. Keeping up with your system maintenances ensures that your parts warranties will aty valid throughout their duration. Multiple failures of the same warranty part may require a record of previous inpections be sent to the manufacturer before warranty will be granted. A small yearly investment in your system and greatly reduce or even remove unexpected repair costs altogether.
5. Longer System Lifespan. This one is pretty obvious. The better care you take of your system now the longer it will last you. Think of a system inspection the same way you think of an oil change for your car. If you skip too many of them, things are going to start failing. Keeping up with maintenance and making repairs when they're needed will most certainly increase system perfmormane and lifespan.
If you'd like to book a system maintenance,